On Thursday 22nd May, some of the UK’s finest chefs will be at Street Feast in Dalston Yard to give vendors the night off while they cook up a smoking hot evening at the second annual Auction Against Hunger, hosted by kitchen minx Gizzi Erskine, in aid of humanitarian charity Action Against Hunger.
The likes of Nuno Mendes, Pascal Aussignac, Francesco Mazzei, Anna Hansen, Jose Pizarro, Dishoom, Neil Rankin and Paul A. Young will be sweating it out side-by-side with some Street Feast regulars – Yum Bun, Breddos Tacos and Pizza Pilgrims – to please those guests lucky enough to bag a ticket to the event.
Tickets for this unique dining experience cost only £55 and include a champagne bar kindly sponsored by Champagne Taittinger, fabulous food from the chefs’ stalls, complimentary drinks including frozen margaritas courtesy of Jose Cuervo and festival-sized pints of cocktails from the Rotary Bar, as well as live entertainment.
In addition, ticket holders will get the chance to bid for a whole host of money-can’t-buy auction prizes including:
• Take The River cafe Home If you can’t get a reservation at the mountain, bring the mountain to you. The River Cafe’s Head Chef will cook for you and ten guests in your home.
• Create Your Own Concrete Work with legendary New York chef, Mark Rosati to create one of Shake Shack’s famous frozen yoghurt drinks, which will then feature on the menu for a limited period.
• Be A Restaurant Critic Forget blogging, or Tweeting; this prize will see you dine out with legendary critic Fay Maschler and then work with her to create a review for The Evening Standard.
• The Fat Duck Experience You will get to go behind the gates of the ‘Wonka Factory’ and into the experimental kitchen of The Fat Duck, before sitting down to enjoy the fulltasting menu with paired wines. An incredible experience!
• You Be The Judge We have heard he is as good a cook as he is charming and effusive. Restaurant critic Tom Parker-Bowles will come to your house and cook for you and eight guests.Share This Post