Published on April 25th, 2014 | by Gavin0
Pick Me Up Art Festival, Somerset House
From 24th April to 5th May, Somerset House hosts the fifth annual Pick Me Up pop up art festival featuring works from all forms of graphic art. Unlike your usual stuffy art gallery, Pick Me Up is all about having fun with DJs, bands, and late opening till 10pm on Thursdays and Fridays. Despite only being around for 12 days, it will be jam packed with special events and guests including Rastamouse creators Michael De Souza and Genevieve Webster, illustrator Judith Kerr OBE, and animator Jo Radcliffe.
We went down to the opening and is by far the liveliest gallery we’ve visited with lots of interactive exhibitions and the chance to buy unique artwork at a discount price. Fun for the entire family- check out the pics below!
- Dates: 24 April – 5 May 2014
- Opening Hours: 10am – 6pm Daily. Late night openings on Thursdays and Fridays until 10pm
- Address: Embankment Galleries, Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA
- Admission: Single entry £10, concessions £8, festival pass £17.50
- Entry price with admission to Judith Kerr ‘In Conversation’ is £15 single and £22.50 unlimited
- festival entry; tickets are extremely limited and early booking is advisable
Pick Me Up Festival, Somerset House, Strand, WC2R 1LA